SHRI JUSTICE PINAKI CHANDRA GHOSE
- Born on 28th May, 1952.
- Obtained B.Com. from St. Xavier's College and LL.B degree from University of Calcutta and also became Attorney-at-Law at High Court of Calcutta.
- Enrolled as an Advocate on November 30, 1976.
- Practised in Civil, Commercial, Constitutional and Company matters in Calcutta High Court both in the Original and Appellate side.
- He was appointed as a permanent Judge of High Court at Calcutta on July 17, 1997.
- He held various positions such as -
(i) Executive Chairman, West Bengal State Legal Services Authority since August 01, 2007.
(ii) Executive Chairman, Andaman & Nicobar State Legal Services Authority since January 02, 2007.
(iii) Member of the National Legal Services Authority w.e.f November 06, 2011.
(iv) He is a Life Member of Indian Law Institute, Delhi and was associated with Indian Law Institute (Calcutta Chapter) since 14.1.2005 as its Treasurer till 25.6.2012.
(v) Was the Chairman of Institutional Ethics Committee of National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata.
- He is associated with many philanthropic societies such as -
(i) President of the Governing Body of Ramakrishna Mission Sikshana Mandir, Belur Math;
(ii) President of the Governing Body of Ramakrishna Mission, Sikra Kulingram, Basirhat, West Bengal.
(iii) Vice President of the Institute of Culture, Gol Park, Ramakrishna Mission, Kolkata.
(iv) Vice-President of the Governing Body of Swami Vivekanananda Ancestral House, Ramakrishna Mission, Kolkata.
- He was a Member of the Executive Council of the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata and a Member of Academic Council of National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
- He was the Chancellor of National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Law, Hyderabad.
- He was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of High Court of Andhra Pradesh w.e.f 25.6.2012; On 12.12.2012, took oath as permanent Chief Justice High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
- Thereafter elevated as Supreme Court Judge on 8.3.2013 and retired on 27.5.2017.
- After retirement, he has been appointed as a Member of National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi and he joined the post on 29.6.2017.