NHRC receives overwhelming response to its silver jubilee painting competition from different parts of the country; announces the winners (14.09.2018)
New Delhi, 14th September, 2018
The National Human Rights Commission, NHRC India, based on the recommendations of a selection committee, has announced the winners of its silver jubilee painting competition, organized on the theme of 'My idea of human rights and promotion and protection thereof'.
The winners include three paintings for the cash award of Rs. 15,000/-, Rs. 10,000/- and Rs. 5,000/-for the first, second and third prize besides the 09 others for the consolation prize of Rs. 2500/- each along with certificates.
The Commission received an overwhelming response to this painting competition, organized online through MyGov portal between 30th April, 2018 to 15th July, 2018. It received 525 entries from different parts of the country.
The selection committee headed by Mrs. Jyotika Kalra, Member, NHRC, comprised Mr. Ambuj Sharma, Secretary General, Mr. Dilip Kumar, JS(T&R), Mr. Jaimini Kumar Srivastava, DD(M&C), Mr. Indrajeet Kumar, AR (Law), NHRC and Ms. Rekha Shingari, an artist.
The NHRC, India intends to organize an exhibition of these paintings as part of its silver jubilee celebrations to show case people's participation in its endeavour towards the promotion and protection of human rights.
The award winning paintings are:
1. First Prize of Rs. 15000/- to Ms. Neha Agarwal, ( Kolkata,West Bengal )
2. Second Prize of Rs. 10000/- to Ms. Shikha Verma, ( Lakhimpur Kheri, U.P) )
3. Third Prize of Rs. 5000/- to Mr. Soumya Ranjan Samal, (Jajpur, Odisha )
The winners of the consolation prizes of Rs. 2500/- each, without any specific order, are as follows:
1. Pallavi Dewangan, (Raipur, Chattisgarh)
2. Samriddhi Paul, (Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh)
3. Jagdeep Soni, (Lalitpur, Uttar Pradesh)
4. Deepshikha De, (Noida, Uttar Pradesh)
5. Shreya Mishra, ( Chaudhary Bazaar, Cuttack, Odisha)
6. Ranju Patar, (Kamrup, Assam)
7. Jayatri Saha, ( Bhauri, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh )
8. Patil Rohit Pravin, ( Dhule, Maharashtra )
9. Rohit Kumar, ( Chandsarai, Vaishali, Bihar )