Bibliographic Information on Disability and Mental Health
National Human Rights Commission Library, New Delhi has compiled and consolidated information from various sources on Disability and Mental Health to help the users in literature survey of printed and electronic material available in the Library of the Commission and many important Libraries of Delhi.
This Bibliography is available in the following form:
Human Rights Issues: Programmes on the Directions of Supreme Court:-
- Functioning of the Mental Hospitals at Ranchi, Agra, Gwalior.
Other Programmes and Human Rights Issues taken by the Commission Include :-
- Rights of the Disabled.
Human Rights Cases: Selected Case Summaries: Atrocities on Dalits/Members of Minority Community/Disabled.
- Rehabilitation of Physically Handicapped : Madhya Pradesh [Case No. 1528/96-97/NHR] Year 1999 2000
- Rehabilitation of Leprosy Patients camping in Amarjoti Leprosy Rehabilitation Society: Haryana [Case No. 2/35/7/2002-2003] Year 2003 2004
- Provision of seats in All Medical Courses for Physically Handicapped candidates. [Case No. 1023/30/2002-2003] Year 2003 - 2004
- Statement of the Member to the 2nd Session of Ad. hoc Committee on Comprehensive and Integral International Convention on Protection and Promotion of Rights and Dignity of persons with Disability in May 2003.
- An International Workshop for National Human Rights Institutions from the Commonwealth and Asia Pacific Region, New Delhi, May 2003: Towards a new UN Convention.
- Southern Regional Review Meeting on Mental Health in Collaboration with Institute of Mental Health, Chennai, March, 12, 2010
Recommendations Made at the Workshop of Human Rights Defenders held on 12 Oct 2009, New Delhi :-
- Human Rights Defender should not only Focus attention on Civil and Political Rights but also on Economic and Social Rights, especially in backward areas, some of the areas could be Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Rights of Children.
Core Groups :-
- Core Group on disability constituted See Annual Report 2001 2002, p 91
- Core Group on Mental Health See Annual Report 2004 2005, p 113
- Core Group on Rehabilitation of Long Stay Mentally ill Patients cured of their illness. See Annual Report 2004 2005, p 192
Research Project :-
- NHRC Canada Human Rights Commission - IGNOU Project on Human Rights with Disability
- Operation Oasis: A study related to mentally ill persons in West Bengal.
- Quality Assurance in Mental Health: National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences [NIMHANS].
- Programmatic Intervention for the patents in three Mental Hospitals.
- Disability Manual, 2005
- Discrimination based on Sex, Caste, Religion and Disability
- Handbook on Employment of persons with disabilities in Government of India, 2006
- Human Rights Education for Beginners. Chapter 2 Rights of the Disabled by Meera Pillai
- Know your Rights: Rights of Persons with disabilities
- Mental Health Care and Human Rights
- Quality Assurance in Mental Health Recommendations
- Rights of Disabled by Anuradha Mohit, Meera Pillai and Pratiti Rungta
- NHRC Annual Reports Containing information on Disability and Mental Health
|1||Centre/States Acts and Rules on Disability and Mental Health||Download (34.51 KB)|
|2||International/Regional Instruments||Download (26.66 KB)|
|3||Judgments of Supreme Court/High Courts on Disability and Mental Health||Download (20.64 KB)|
In addition to indexing of information, bibliography provides Website addresses for the Full Text available on central Legislation, Conventions/Instruments, Supreme Court Judgements & Order on Disability and Mental Health and Annual Report /Documents/Cases of National Human Rights Commission, India available on Internet.