Bio Data of Shri Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose
Shri Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose
- Born on 28th May, 1952.
- Obtained B.Com. from St. Xavier's College and LL.B degree from University of Calcutta and also became Attorney-at-Law at High Court of Calcutta.
- Enrolled as an Advocate on November 30, 1976.
- Practised in Civil, Commercial, Constitutional and Company matters in Calcutta High Court both in the Original and Appellate side.
- He was appointed as a permanent Judge of High Court at Calcutta on July 17, 1997.
He held various positions such as -
- Executive Chairman, West Bengal State Legal Services Authority since August 01, 2007.
- Executive Chairman, Andaman & Nicobar State Legal Services Authority since January 02, 2007.
- Member of the National Legal Services Authority w.e.f November 06, 2011.
- He is a Life Member of Indian Law Institute, Delhi and was associated with Indian Law Institute (Calcutta Chapter) since 14.1.2005 as its Treasurer till 25.6.2012.
- Was the Chairman of Institutional Ethics Committee of National Institute of Cholera and Enteric Diseases, Kolkata.
He is associated with many philanthropic societies such as -
- President of the Governing Body of Ramakrishna Mission Sikshana Mandir, Belur Math;
- President of the Governing Body of Ramakrishna Mission, Sikra Kulingram, Basirhat, West Bengal.
- Vice President of the Institute of Culture, Gol Park, Ramakrishna Mission, Kolkata.
- Vice-President of the Governing Body of Swami Vivekanananda Ancestral House, Ramakrishna Mission, Kolkata.
- He was a Member of the Executive Council of the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata and a Member of Academic Council of National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
- He was the Chancellor of National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), University of Law, Hyderabad.
- He was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of High Court of Andhra Pradesh w.e.f 25.6.2012; On 12.12.2012, took oath as permanent Chief Justice High Court of Andhra Pradesh.
- Thereafter elevated as Supreme Court Judge on 8.3.2013 and retired on 27.5.2017.
- After retirement, he has been appointed as a Member of National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi and he joined the post on 29.6.2017.